This village is located 38kms northwest of Huairou district (100kms away from downtown Beijing). It is a super beautiful village! This village has 300+ years of history. It is surrounded by mountains from 4 directions and the Great Wall goes from east, south, and west on the top of the mountain. (alt 615 meters)
Xizhazi village has 6 group (Group in Chinese is called Dui. 队):
The most dangerous parts are the Upward flying eagle (鹰飞倒仰) and heaven stairs（天梯）.
Zhengbeilou （正北楼）is the start from the east side and finish at 9 eyes tower (九眼楼) it is about 9kms long.
1. Zhengbeilou tower 【正北楼】（N 40°27.289’，E 116°32.159’，alt 975m）
2. Jiankou【箭扣】（N 40°27.333’，E 116°31.476’，alt 694m）
3. Heaven Stair 【天梯】（N 40°27.339’，E 116°30.100’，alt 912m）
4. Upward flying eagle 【鹰飞倒仰】（N 40°27.385’，E 116°29.928’，alt 1013m）
5. Beijing Knot 【北京结】（N 40°27.772’，E 116°29.669’，alt 985m）
6. Nine-eye tower 【九眼楼】（N 40°28.914’，E 116°30.126’，alt 1194m）
The next 2 photos will help you understand the layout of Jiankou.
This wild section is good for people who like adventure and very fit to visit. It is a great place for the photographer and people wand escape the crowd from Beijing.
The famous hike route is called Jiankou to Mutianyu. If you start from Beijing Knot （北京结）to Mutianyu （慕田峪）, it is over 17kms hike, with the mountains it equals 30kms walk. If you really plan do a tough hike, you should know this before.
The most classic hiking route is a 4 hours hike from zhengbeilou (正北楼) to Mutianyu Great Wall （慕田峪）. For this hike, you can enjoy the wild section and also enjoy the rebuilt Mutianyu Great Wall. The hike is doable for most people and can finish in 1 day which is great for people who have limited time.
If you really like to do the Jiankou hike, please read these blogs: